The Park Ridge city flag was designed by Mayor Raymond Hollis (1957-61) and dedicated on Sunday, July 24, 1960 as part of the 50 Anniversary celebration of Park Ridge as a city.
Among the significant features of the flag are the golden band symbolizing the ridge, a geographical and topographical characteristic captured in the name of the city; the gold color also commemorates the Golden Anniversary year, 1960.
Above the Ridge, a deep blue field is bisected by a classic golden torch with a red flame…a symbol of the highest standards of education at all levels and ages.
On the blue field to the left of the torch, the three minor stars are symbols of the three stages in the city's history: Pennyville, Brickton and the Village of Park Ridge.
On the blue field to the right of the torch, the one large white star stands for unity and strength of the present city.
Below and parallel to the golden band, on a field of white, two red stripes complete the national colors and symbolize an underlying devotion to the United States of America and the State of Illinois.