Center for Public Safety Excellence
Establishes and promotes recognized professional standards for fire agencies.
Visit CPSE now
Find out the current threat level and information on Homeland Security.
Visit DHS now
About the Fire Department
Our mission is to limit the loss of life and property through planning, prevention and response.
We will do as much as we can within the limitations of our resources to protect lives and property and limit the degree of human suffering when called to emergencies, including:
- Fires and explosions
- Acts of terrorism
- Medical emergencies
- Vehicle accident extrications
- Fire and carbon monoxide alarm activations
- Specialized rescues
- Hazardous materials incidents
- Underwater rescue and recovery
It is through our prevention, education, and training efforts that we strive to prevent, prepare for, or otherwise limit the extent of any fire or other emergency through:
- Fire Prevention / Public Education Programs
- Fire/Arson Investigations
- CPR, First Aid and Automated External Defibrillator Training
- Emergency and disaster planning
- Emergency weather warning