The Park Ridge Fire Department has many programs available for the community. We are always ready to respond in an emergency situation, but better yet, we believe that public education is the key to stopping most problems before they start. You can judge a Fire Department by how fast they put out a fire, but better yet, we would like to be judged by how many fires never start.
Our programs touch upon all aspects of fire and life safety. Below you will find a list of our programs...
SCHOOL EDUCATION (PRESCHOOL THROUGH MIDDLE SCHOOL)
Some of the programs below have been temporarly discontinued due to lack of funding.
- E.D.I.T.H. (exit drill in the home)
- Stop drop and roll
- Risk watch safety program
- Great escape home fire drills
- School fire drills
- Fire safety house visits for 2nd graders
- Hazard house training
- Safety jeopardy drills
- Fire extinguisher training for 8th grade
For questions regarding the above programs, please contact: FF/PM Robert Sempoch
- Elder safety
- Babysitting program (through the Park Ridge Public Library)
- Fire extinguisher training
- Home fire safety visits
- Scout merit badge counselors (Fire Safety, First Aid &Safety)
- Juvenile fire setters intervention
- Station tours
For questions regarding the above programs, please contact: Lt. Kevin Plach
For questions regarding block party visits, please contact: Brigid Madden
We also have speakers available for community events or meetings. Topics on any fire, life, home or business safety issue can be covered. We can attend your health or career fair. We can help your business formulate a fire escape plan. We can attend your fire drill and provide feedback on its execution.
Please contact Fire Marshal Kevin Plach at 847-318-5286 or email at: Lt. Kevin Plach with any Public Education concerns.