Center for Public Safety Excellence
Establishes and promotes recognized professional standards for fire agencies.
Visit CPSE now
Find out the current threat level and information on Homeland Security.
Visit DHS now
All CPR classes are taught under current American Heart Association guidelines:
Types of Classes:
- Healthcare Provider: This class is for individuals in the healthcare field that need a CPR certification to maintain their license or certification. Once certified, the card is good for two years.
- Heart Saver & CPR: This class is for the general public or for individuals that need the certification for work but are not in the healthcare field, i.e. personal trainers, daycare workers, and scout leaders. This class covers adult, child, and infant CPR & choking and the use of an AED (automated external defibrillator). Once certified, the card is good for two years.
- First Aid: This class is for the general public or for individuals that need the certification for work but are not in the healthcare field, i.e. personal trainers, daycare workers, and scout leaders. This class covers scene safety and medical emergencies such as: allergic reactions, choking (adult & child), heart attack, stroke, diabetes, seizures, bleeding, bandaging, spinal injuries, bone and joint injuries, burns and electrocution.
- $50 for Heart Saver and CPR or Healthcare Provider per person with a book
- $35 for Heart Saver and CPR or Healthcare Provider per person without a book
- $65 for Heart Saver and First Aid per person with a book
- $50 for Heart Saver and First Aid per person without a book
- Class fees are collected the first night of class by check only, cash will not be accepted.
- For reservations call (847) 318-6721 and leave a message or email the Fire Department directly.
- Include your name, phone number, email address, class date and which class you would like.
- For reservations of group classes, please email the Fire Department with the requested date, group size and company name and address.
- CPR classes are located in the basement classroom at Station 36. The address is 1000 N Greenwood, or the intersection of Oakton and Greenwood.
- Student's cars may be parked in the lot off Oakton or the lot off Greenwood.
- Follow the signs to the classroom entrance.
First Aid classes will take place directly after Heartsaver & CPR classes from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ONLY if the minimum (4) class size is met.
No class in January
February 1 (Sat)
March 15 (Sat)
April 26 (Sat)
May 17 (Sat)
June 28 (Sat)
No class in July
August 16 (Sat)
September 6 (Sat)
October 11 (Sat)
November 8 (Sat)
December 20 (Sat)
Heart Saver & CPR
January 11 (Sat)
February 22 (Sat)
March 22 (Sat)
April 5 (Sat)
May 3 (Sat)
June 7 (Sat)
July 26 (Sat)
No class in August
September 20 (Sat)
October 18 (Sat)
November 22 (Sat)
December 13 (Sat)