Center for Public Safety Excellence
Establishes and promotes recognized professional standards for fire agencies.
Visit CPSE now
Find out the current threat level and information on Homeland Security.
Visit DHS now
To insure the welfare and safety of our citizens and visitors to the City of Park Ridge, our fire department is prepared to manage a vast array of unpredictable and varied emergencies, including:
- medical emergencies
- hazard investigations
- water/ice rescue
- high rise and below grade rescue
- vehicle extrication
- urban search and rescue
- hazardous materials mitigation
- vehicle and structural fires
- environmental emergencies
- mass casualty incidents
- natural disasters, and
- any other threat to the health and safety of the community.
The primary goal of the Emergency Services Division is to insure that the community is equipped and prepared to safely manage any type of emergency situation. This is accomplished through a community wide effort that involves:
- the evaluation, purchase and implementation of new apparatus and equipment
- the application of state-of-the-art communications and warning systems
- providing public education and community awareness
- establishing safe and effective emergency written plans, procedures and guidelines
- conducting on-going training and education for all personnel
- reinforcing training through drills, simulations and actual emergencies, and
- above all continually assessing and preparing for the ever changing needs of the community.