Park Ridge Fire Department Administration Office
505 W Butler Place
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068
8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday
Open 24 hours, 7 days a week
Please call 911 for emergencies
Visit the Park Ridge Fire Department website at www.parkridgefd.org
The Fire Department is responsible for fire protection, emergency medical services, fire prevention, hazardous materials release response, underwater rescue and recovery, special rescue and emergency services and disaster agency. The Fire Department is under the direction of Fire Chief Jeff Sorensen
– Firefighters respond to all fires within the community, confine and extinguish all fires which threaten the loss of life or property, and keep any loss to a minimum. Programs include fire suppression, salvage operations, investigation into cause and origin of fires, maintenance of fire equipment and buildings, fire hydrants testing and training for all fire personnel.
Emergency Medical Service/Paramedics
– Fire Department paramedics provide emergency medical care every day of the year, with one ambulance at each of the City's two fire stations, as well as paramedics staffing all fire apparatus. Paramedics also provide ongoing classes to the citizens of Park Ridge, including CPR, First Aid and fire extinguisher demonstrations.
– The fire marshal and a part-time fire inspector staff the Fire Prevention Bureau. Their goal is reducing the incidence of fire by promoting fire safety standards through education, inspection and construction plan review. Major programs include the inspection of public and commercial buildings on an annual basis, inspection of homes on request, and the establishment of school and hospital safety programs.
Hazardous Materials Response Team (HAZMAT)
– The goals of a HAZMAT incident response are to isolate, contain and mitigate the situation. The Department's HAZMAT team is part of an area wide team, MABAS Division III, that includes personnel from sixteen other departments. The department also has access to the MABAS Division III HAZMAT squad that carries additional equipment for larger incidents.
Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team (URRT)
– The City of Park Ridge has fifteen bodies of water, including two Forest Preserve District lakes and the Des Plaines River, that the Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team responds to in water emergency situations. The team also responds to many neighboring communities and throughout several MABAS Divisions as requested.
Technical Rescue Team (TRT)
– The Fire Department's Technical Rescue Team responds to all emergency situations, including incidents such as confined space, high angle, structural collapse, trench and below grade rescues.
Fire/Arson Investigations Team
– The Fire Department's Fire/Arson Investigations Team is responsible for the cause and determination of all fires that occur within the City of Park Ridge.