Electronic Recycling Event set for October 19, 2013, 9 AM to 12PM
The City of Park Ridge, Park Ridge Chamber of Commerce and Park Ridge Park District will host a one day collection for the recycling of electronics and textiles on Saturday, October 19, 2013, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Public Works Service Center, 400 Busse Highway.
There will be a fee of $5 per car, however the Chamber of Commerce will distribute a $5 coupon good towards a $20 purchase at participating Chamber members.
Only the following items will be accepted:
- Cell phones, fax machines
- All computer related-related equipment
- TV's and audio/visual equipment, DVD players and VCR's
- Video game consoles, PDA's, MP3 players and radios
- Household batteries
- Baby monitors, hair dryers
- Toasters, food processors and blenders
The following items will not be accepted:
- Hazardous Waste
- Air conditioners and fans
- Refrigerators, microwaves ovens and stoves
- Car or acid filled batteries
- Washing machines and dryers
Please do not bring hazardous waste or other unlisted materials.
Textiles accepted include: shoes, boots, clothing, gloves, sheets, blankets, towels, etc.
For more information call 847/318-5243.