On Tuesday March 6, 2012, the Park Ridge Fire Department Responded to the Report of Smoke in the Area of Potter Road and Manor Lane.
On Tuesday March 6, 2012 at approximately 1:02 a.m., the Park Ridge Fire Department responded to the report of smoke in the area of Potter Road and Manor Lane. While enroute to this call, the 9-1-1 center (North Suburban Emergency Communications Center), confirmed a fire in a house in the 1400 block of Potter Road. In less than five minutes, the fire department was on the scene. The lone occupant of the home had already evacuated the residence prior to our arrival.
Upon arrival, companies confirmed they had a working fire involving the attached garage of a single-family residence. At that time, the garage was fully involved and fire and had breached the garage door and walls. Crews verified the structure had been evacuated by the resident, and began to attack the fire. As suppression activities progressed, interior crews discovered the fire had entered the attic space. All rooms and areas of the home were searched to verify no additional occupants. Within ten minutes, crews achieved fire control and began overhaul activities. The resident was transported to the hospital for evaluation and treatment due to possible smoke inhalation in the initial stages of the incident.
A board up service secured the residence and drained the water lines due to the freezing temperatures. The water department was notified and responded to secure the water supply to the home.
Fire units from the Des Plaines and Niles Fire Departments, and North Maine Fire Protection District were on the scene assisting Park Ridge. Park Ridge Fire Investigators are continuing their investigation of the fire. Damage estimates have not yet been determined. The home was turned over to the resident. No fire personnel were injured as a result of this fire.
Authority of Fire Chief Michael Zywanski
Information Contact D/C Jeff Sorensen (847) 318-5287