Comments, Concerns & Complaints

The Park Ridge Police Department strives to deliver the best possible service to the citizens of Park Ridge and visitors to our community.  We encourage people to voice their opinions and concerns to the police department.  The department has a process in place to receive and address compliments, concerns or complaints regarding our employees and services.  You may contact us by telephone, mail, e-mail or in person.

In order to strengthen community confidence and improve community relations, we encourage citizens to keep communication lines open with the police department.  A compliment, concern, or complaint may be presented in one of the following ways:
  In Person
 Come to the Park Ridge Police Department, 200 South Vine Avenue, and request to speak with a supervisor.  Someone is available 24  hours a day, 7 days a week.
By Mail
Click here to get the form.  You can print it out and mail it in to The Park Ridge Police Department at 200 S Vine Ave, Park Ridge IL  60068.
    By Telephone
    Contact the Park Ridge Police Department at 847-318-5252 and ask to speak to a supervisor.
    In Writing
    Direct a letter to the attention of the Chief of Police at the Park Ridge Police Department, 200 South Vine Avenue, Park Ridge, IL  60068.
   By E-mail
   Send an e-mail to: and advise us of the nature of the compliment, concern or complaint and employee involved.  This information will be forwarded to the proper person, and if appropriate, someone will contact you.


What happens when a compliment is received?
Compliments will be directed to the particular employee, his/her supervisor, and division commander.  A copy of the compliment is also placed in their personnel file.
What happens when a concern is voiced?
The concern is brought to the attention of the appropriate supervisor and/or division commander and addressed accordingly.  If requested, the person voicing the concern will be notified of the actions taken.
What happens when a complaint is received?
Generally, a supervisor receiving the complaint will determine the nature and severity of the complaint.  He will attempt to resolve it immediately.  You may be contacted in reference to the specifics of your complaint.  When necessary, a record of the complaint and the action taken, if any, is made and forwarded to the appropriate supervisor.
Serious complaints, such as alleged excessive force, criminal conduct, corruption or ethics violations are forwarded to the Chief of Police, who will initiate an investigation into the complaint.  If filing a formal complaint, the complainant must file a written allegation form which acts as a notarized affidavit to the facts of the incident. This form is available from a supervisor at the Police Department.  As the complainant, you will be notified of the final outcome of the investigation.
The Park Ridge Police Department compiles an annual statistical summary of complaints against agency personnel which is made available upon request by calling the non-emergency police desk at 847-318-5252

Contact Information

Phone 847-318-5252
Fax 847-318-5308

200 S Vine Ave
Park Ridge IL 60068-6000

View More News


Park Ridge, Des Plaines and Niles Police Departments Partner in Cops for Coats
The Park Ridge, Des Plaines and Niles Police have once again partnered together for a coat drive to assist Maine Township families in need.
The Park Ridge Police Want You to Have a Safe and Fun Halloween!
The hours approved in Park Ridge for Trick or Treating are 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Friday, October 31.
The Fire Department Offers Halloween Safety Tips
Please read the attached information to learn more.
Get the Facts About The Ebola Virus
To learn more, please read the attached information.​
Please Help the Park RidgeYouth Commission Sporting Equipment Drive
Donations will be accepted from October 15-November 15, 2014. Please read the attached information for details.
Park Ridge Home Page
Park Ridge City Hall, 505 Butler Place, Park Ridge, IL 60068|Directions|847-318-5200|Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
©2014 City of Park Ridge. All Rights Reserved. | Web site design and development by