The curfew in Park Ridge is 11 pm - 6 am, Sunday through Thursday, and 12 am - 6 am, Friday and Saturday, for everyone under the age of 18.
The curfew for the Pickwick Plaza (the pedestrian plaza between Northwest Hwy and Summit Ave on the east side of buildings fronting Prospect Ave) is 9 pm - 6 am for everyone under the age of 18.
Exceptions to the current curfew ordinance, 14-12-1, are listed below. The current curfew laws state that any minor under the age of 18 cannot be at any public place, street, building or highway between:
- Between 12:01 am and 6:00 am Saturday; and
- Between 12:01 and 6:00 am Sunday; and
- Between 11:00 pm on Sunday to Thursday, inclusive and 6:00 am on the following day
- Between the hours of 9:00 pm and 6:00 am in the Pickwick Plaza (pedestrian plaza between Northwest Hwy and Summit Ave on the east side of buildings fronting Prospect Ave)
The exceptions for minors are as follows:
- accompanied by a parent, guardian or custodian
- accompanied by a person at least twenty-one (21) years of age approved by the child's parent, guardian or custodian
- participating in, going to, or returning from an emergency involving the protection of a person or property from an imminent threat of serious bodily injury or substantial damage
- participating in, going to, or returning from an activity involving the exercise of the child's rights protected under the First Amendment to the United Stated Constitution or Article 1, Sections 3, 4 and 5 of the Constitution of the State of Illinois, or both, such as freedoms of religion and speech and the right of assembly, to include but not to be limited to: a religious event, a political rally or political event
- participating in, going to, or returning from an activity conducted by a nonprofit or governmental entity that provides recreation, education, training or other care under the supervision of one or more adults
- participating in, going to, or returning from a business or occupation which the laws of this state authorize a person less than 18 years of age to perform.
Police officers can make reasonable inquiries to determine whether any of the above exceptions apply. Officers shall issue a citation or make an arrest for curfew only if he/she has reasonable grounds to believe that the child has violated curfew.