Garage Sale Permits
- A permit from the City is required for every garage sale.
An Estate Sale does NOT needs a permit. An Estate Sale is defined as taking place within the limits of the "house". It cannot spill out into the front yard, driveway, sidewalk, back yard, or garage. If it takes place anywhere outside of the house, a Garage Sale Permit IS necessary.
- This permit must be displayed at the location of the sale while it is in progress.
- No more than three permits may be issued for the same location in any calendar year.
- This permit is valid for no more than three consecutive days, shown above.
- Display and sale of goods are permitted only between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Signs and banners advertising the garage sale or giving directions to the location of the sale may not be attached to any utility pole, traffic control device or tree, or placed anywhere within the public right-of-way, including the sidewalk, berm, parkway or street, anywhere within the City of Park Ridge.
The Supervising Resident of the property where the sale is located shall be presumed to be the person placing or causing the placement of signs or advertising. Any signs or advertising which violates this rule may be removed by any person and discarded in any trash container.