The Park Ridge Fire Department would like to remind residents to “Keep the wreath RED"
The Park Ridge Fire Department would like to remind residents to “Keep the wreath RED!” The City’s fire stations have a wreath hanging in front. This wreath is covered in red lights. If a holiday related fire occurs, a red bulb will be taken out and replaced with a white bulb.
Below are some tips to a fire safe Holiday season.
- Be sure to extinguish candles before going to sleep or leaving the house. It is recommended that you use battery operated candles for decorative purposes.
- If you have a fresh Christmas tree, keep it well watered.
- Inspect holiday lights for damage to cords or plugs prior to use.
- Be careful not to overload electrical outlets and circuits.
- Test your smoke detectors monthly to ensure that they are functioning properly.
Together we can “Keep the wreath RED!” and have a safe Holiday season in the City of Park Ridge.
Authority of Fire Chief Michael Zywanski
Information Contact Lieutenant Kevin Plach, Fire Marshal at (847) 318-5286