Print Page Share

Business Licensing

Business and Home Occupation Licensing in Park Ridge

The City licenses businesses and home occupations in order to ensure a safe working and shopping environment for employees and patrons alike through tracking of businesses and periodic Fire, Mechanical, Structural, Electrical and Plumbing inspections.

Each place of business must have its own license. The following business types must have a license to do business within the City regardless of where the physical headquarters of the business is located: Landscaping, pesticide and/or weed spraying, lawn fertilizing, garbage or refuse pickup.

Liquor, cigarette and tobacco and alarm licenses do not constitute business licenses. Licenses may be revoked for failure to comply with any City Ordinances, Federal or State Laws and failure to allow a required inspection.

A business operating without a license is subject to a $500 fine for each day the business operates without a license.

A Park Ridge Business License permits an individual or entity to engage in business activities within the City of Park Ridge, and is required to conduct such a business within City limits. The license must be renewed annually based on calendar year and must be displayed at the place of business.

Business License Application Form Packet

Business License Web Categories and Sub-categories

Home Occupation Affidavit

The Cook County Clerks Office accepts applications and issues "Doing Business As" (DBA) certificates. For more information contact: Assumed Business Names Unit at 312-603-5652

The Illinois Secretary of State processes applications for corporations and partnerships.

Park Ridge Home Page
Park Ridge City Hall, 505 Butler Place, Park Ridge, IL 60068|Directions|847-318-5200|Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
©2021 City of Park Ridge. All Rights Reserved. | Web site design and development by