Print Page Share

Changes to City's Medication Collection and Light Bulb Recycling Programs

January 8, 2018 02:33 PM

Eight foot (8') fluorescent tubes are no longer being accepted and sharps must be delivered in rigid containers, according to Health Inspection Officer Madrzyk.  

The program in Park Ridge has recently been modified to accept used compact fluorescent bulbs or four foot fluorescent light tubes; eight foot tubes will no longer be accepted.  Schools, institutions, and businesses must contact a fluorescent bulb recycler to dispose of their materials.  The program offered by the City is for residential household disposals only.  Incandescent, LED, or halogen light bulbs do not contain mercury and  can be discarded in the garbage can.  

In regards to medical sharps disposals, the City is only able to accept used sharps that have been properly packaged in rigid, empty detergent bottles, coffee cans, or any similar hard-sided container.  

Please remember to mark each month of your new calendar.  Collection is held the first Thursday of every month between the hours of 8 am and 11 am.  Disposal bins are located in the foyer at City Hall.  

A disposal bin for household batteries is located just inside the front entrance of City Hall; batteries can be disposed Monday - Friday,  8 am - 5 pm.  Solid forms of medications are collected in the Police Department 24 / 7, which is located at 200 Vine. 

For additional information on recycling programs, please visit or call SWANCC at           847/724-0810.     

Park Ridge Home Page
Park Ridge City Hall, 505 Butler Place, Park Ridge, IL 60068|Directions|847-318-5200|Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
©2021 City of Park Ridge. All Rights Reserved. | Web site design and development by