Print Page Share

Electrical Supplier update

Many residents have been calling City Hall with questions in regards to a renewal letter they received in the mail from MC2.  Only those residents who had previously selected MC2 as their electrical power supplier will receive this letter.  Residents with MC2 may continue using MC2 as their electrical supplier; NO ACTION IS REQUIRED on your part.  However, if you decide to switch your electrical power provider to another company, you must contact MC2 at 1-855-740-9992 or by sending your cancellation request by email to   According to the MC2 letter, you are not obligated to renew your agreement with MC2 and you may cancel at any time with no termination fees.  

Residents in our community may choose to have an alternative electric supplier for power.  How can you be sure you are getting the best deal?  The Citizens Utility Board calculator lets you compare alternative supply rates with the regulated utility’s rates in order to determine which plan is best for you.  Visit for more information.

As you may recall, the City was previously a part of the Municipal Electrical Aggregation Consortium  program which used MC2 as its preferred electrical supplier since March 2012.  The City discontinued its participation in the program in 2015, at which time, residents were able to choose their own supplier or remain with MC2.  The City discontinued its participation since electric power rates stabilized in the marketplace and the potential savings were no longer as significant as they had been when the program initially began.

Park Ridge Home Page
Park Ridge City Hall, 505 Butler Place, Park Ridge, IL 60068|Directions|847-318-5200|Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
©2021 City of Park Ridge. All Rights Reserved. | Web site design and development by