Print this page
All CPR classes are taught under current American Heart Association guidelines.
Types of Classes:
- BLS for Healthcare Providers: This course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. Once certified, the card is good for two
- Heartsaver CPR: This class is for the general public or for individuals that need the certification for work but are not in the healthcare field, i.e. personal trainers, daycare workers, and scout leaders. This class covers adult and child CPR and AED use, infant CPR, and how to relieve choking in adults, children, and infants. Once certified, the card is good for two
- Heartsaver First Aid: This course teaches critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives. Students learn duties and responsibilities of first aid rescuers; first aid actions for medical emergencies, including severe choking, heart attack, and stroke; and skills for handling injury and environmental emergencies, including external bleeding, broken bones and sprains, and bites and stings.
- $75 Healthcare Provider
- $60 Heartsaver CPR
- $75 Heartsaver with First Aid
- $25 First Aid only
- Class fees are collected the day of class by check only, cash will not be accepted.
- A book issued by the American Heart Association is included in your class fee.
- For reservations call (847) 318-5460 or email Mary Beth Golden.
- Include your name, phone number, email address, class date and which class you would like to attend.
- For reservations of group classes, please email the Fire Department with the requested date, group size and company name and address.
- CPR classes are located in the basement classroom at Station 36. The address is 1000 N Greenwood Avenue, at the intersection of Oakton and Greenwood.
- Students' cars may be parked in the lot off Oakton or the lot off Greenwood.
- Follow the signs to the classroom entrance.