Print Page Share

New to Park Ridge

Welcome to the City of Park Ridge. This page was created to guide you to information you need to get settled in Park Ridge. The City's web site is ever-changing and updated regularly and provides a resource for new and existing residents. Visit often to learn what's going on with your City government.

Contact Information

The City of Park Ridge has several departments and offers many services. Use the DIRECTORY to locate important contact information.

Building Permits

Applications for a building permit for a new house in Park Ridge must include four copies of the fire suppression system drawings that are stamped and sealed by a licensed professional engineer. Applications without these drawings will be considered incomplete and will not be processed. All construction shall comply with The International Codes.To purchase code books or obtain seminar information contact:

For more details please read the Building Permit Booklet  or go to the Building Permit Page.

Cats and Dogs

Please read HERE about Animal Licenses & Policies

Garage Sales

The City requires residents to get a garage sale permit for every garage sale. There is no charge for the permit.  No more than three permits will be issued for the same location in any calendar year. Each permit will be good for a garage sale of not more than three consecutive days and only between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. The permit must be displayed at the location of the garage sale. Conducting a garage sale without a permit will result in a fine of not less than $50.

All Garage Sale applications must be filled out on-line. Click HERE to open the Garage Sale application and print your permit. Garage Sale application, rules and permit.

House Numbers

Each house, business or apartment building must display a house number in a conspicuous location at or near the entrance to the building. These numbers assist police and fire vehicles responding to emergency calls. Numbers must be at least three inches in height and of contrasting color so they can easily be seen from the street.

Leaf Raking

Raking leaves into the street is not permitted in Park Ridge. A violation carries a $50 minimum fine. Leaves should be placed in approved yard waste bags or yard waste carts. More details can be found below in Residential Waste and Yard Pickup.


The City accepts Discover, Master Card and Visa for payment of any bill due the City, such as water bills, vehicle/pet licenses, traffic fines, building permits or damage to City property. Charge cards are only accepted when the card is presented in person by the purchaser. No phone or mail credit card charges will be accepted.

More information on Payments can be found HERE.

Outdoor Water Restrictions

Outdoor water restrictions are in effect from May 15 through September 15. Residents may use water outdoors only on even or odd numbered calendar days, corresponding with the last digit of their house number. Zero is considered an even number. Outdoor water use includes use on lawns, gardens, trees, shrubs and for washing vehicles. A special permit for watering newly installed sod, valid for two weeks, can be obtained at the Public Works Department at City Hall. Call (847) 318-5228 for more information.

Recycling in Park Ridge

Details on Curbside and Alley Recycling can be found HERE

Residential Waste and Yard Pickup

Please read HERE about Residential Waste and Yard Pickup.

Snow Parking Restrictions

Please read HERE about Snow Parking Restrictions in Park Ridge.

Tree Preservation

A tree removal permit is required for the removal of all trees larger than 10” in diameter.  (See Article 15, Chapter 18 of the Municipal Code). Applications can be found in the Community, Preservation & Development Department at City Hall and online. Permit application forms, additional information regarding Park Ridge’s Tree Preservation Ordinance, tree protection and building plan requirements and other useful links can be found HERE.         


For infomation about Utilities in Park Ridge, please click HERE.

Vehicle Stickers

All motor vehicles registered to Park Ridge residents require an annual City vehicle license that must be displayed on the vehicle. Licenses can be purchased at City Hall during normal business hours or by mail. Licenses expire June 15 of each year.

More infomation about Vehicle Stickers may be found HERE.

Water Billing

Click HERE for infomation on Water Billing.



Park Ridge Home Page
Park Ridge City Hall, 505 Butler Place, Park Ridge, IL 60068|Directions|847-318-5200|Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
©2021 City of Park Ridge. All Rights Reserved. | Web site design and development by