Electronics Recycling & Document Destruction Saturday October 15
Residents of Park Ridge & other SWANCC communities are eligible to participate!
Please Note: Materials WILL NOT be accepted from non-SWANCC residents, businesses, schools, or institutions. IDs will be checked for verification of residency.
All participants must follow these Safety Guidelines:
- Residents must remain in their vehicle.
- Residents are asked to unlock / open the trunk to allow staff to unload the items.
- Electronic items and paper documents should be contained in separate areas in the back of vehicle. Boxes will be returned to the resident
Residents will be limited to six (6) file-sized boxes or paper bags of documents containing personal information, such as medical history forms, bank statements, personal files and retired tax forms. Paper documents will be shredded on site. Bales of shredded paper will be sold to mills to make new paper products.
How to Prepare Paper:
- Paper must be clean, dry, and loose
- Remove plastic sleeves / spines / covers / etc.
- Remove metal clips (small staples are ok)
- Place paper in a small box or paper shopping bags
- DO NOT bring paper in plastic bags
- DO NOT include photos, slides, negatives, books, store receipts, magazines, greeting cards or newspapers or any non-paper item
Residents are limited to seven (7) electronic items and all electronics must be removed from plastic packaging and boxes prior to bringing to a SWANCC event.
- Cable Receivers
- Cell Phones
- Computer Cables
- Computer Monitors
- Computers (Desktop, Notebook, Tablet)
- Converter Boxes
- Desktop Fax Machines & Printers
- Keyboards & Mice
- MP3 Players
- Portable Digital Assistants (PDA’s)
- Satellite Receivers
- Game Consoles
- Video Recorders/ Players
- Zip Drives
The following WILL NOT be accepted:
- Home Appliances
- VHS tapes
For more information on SWANCC’s recycling programs or other recycling information, please call (847) 724-9205 or visit swancc.org.
The Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County (SWANCC) is an intergovernmental agency comprised of Arlington Heights, Barrington, Buffalo Grove, Elk Grove Village, Evanston, Glencoe, Glenview, Hoffman Estates, Inverness, Kenilworth, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Mount Prospect, Niles, Palatine, Park Ridge, Prospect Heights, Rolling Meadows, Skokie, South Barrington, Wheeling, Wilmette, and Winnetka.