Print this page
The Human Resources Division is responsible for administering the City’s personnel services and programs, which include:
- Compensation plan and employee evaluation program;
- Employee fringe benefits, including health and dental insurance;
- Job analysis and position classification, recruitment, and selection of employees;
- Labor contract negotiations and development and administration of personnel policies to comply with federal, state, and administrative requirements;
- Personnel record keeping;
- Risk management and employee safety.
- Building and maintaining a professional workforce which provides high-quality services service to the City of Park Ridge;
- Providing cutting edge benefits and services for employees;
- Committing to career growth for employees;
- Protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of employees;
- Dedicating to public service.
Compensation and BenefitsThe City of Park Ridge values our employees, the contribution they make to the community, and understands the importance of retaining quality employees in meeting the service needs of the community. The Human Resources Division consists of three full-time employees: Human Resources Generalist, Human Resource Specialist, and Administrative Service Manager.
Human Resources continually monitors comparable communities' salary and benefit information to strive to be an employer of choice . In addition, other factors, such as cost of living, employee performance, and union contract obligations, are used in determining the City's compensation and benefits package. The City is currently analyzing the compensation and benefits strategy to include Chicagoland area businesses in addition to local governments where applicable.
Board of Fire and Police CommissionersAdditionally, Human Resources provides assistance to the in recruitment, promotion and hearings involving uniformed Fire and Police personnel.
Work Here!Are you a customer service oriented person who is dedicated to supporting the public? Apply with the City of Park Ridge to help make it a Wonderful Place to live and work!
Helpful LinksEmployee Handbook
FOP 2019-2022 - Police Sergeants
IAFF 2018-2021 - Fire
ICOPS 2020-2023 - Administrative
IUOE 2019-2023 - Public Works
Teamsters 2018-2021- Patrol Officers
The City of Park Ridge adheres to the following: